Whew! Well First off let me say Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope everyone is celebrating and honoring the real life Captain Americas and Iron Men. *side note: I saw The Avengers for the first time last night… I know I’m late seeing it, but I finally got to indulge my nerd side for a bit. IT…WAS…AWESOME!
Anyways, I woke up this morning wanting to try to finish this project that I am working on. Alas I need Premiere to finish it and my trial had run out literally two days ago, so I am stuck. So I did the next best thing. I decided to finish up the sound booth for my ADR set up. It ended up working out pretty well. I had all the materials:
Screen : Mount : Cables (various in kind) : Brush Plates : Drill : Saw : Screw driver
First up was mounting the screen. It kind of threw me for a loop since the mount is ment to be hung vertically, and I already had a pretty sweet cross stud going horizontally. No matter! A little jerry-rigging and it was mounted up how I wanted. The only down side is the mobility of the mount itself. It is a nice swing arm set up that can extend and rotate… for the size of the booth I made the sacrifice and gave up those features.
Next step was to do the all too tedious cable placement (I say tedious, it took about 45 mins). I broke out the drill to get a pilot hole started and the drywall actually just sort of fell apart.
Once the rough cuts were out of the way I just had to get everything in line to pass through.
Finally VOILA! I now have a pretty sweet ADR-ish set up. The screen is basically an extension of my working monitor, so everything I am doing can be viewed in the booth. Apart from a few tweaks to the wiring and layout, it’s about there.
The pieces are coming together!
Thanks and take care,